Conference "Statistics in a social context," May 10-11, 2019: Conference Announcement
My research interests include:
- Statistical decision theory (applied to experimental design, machine learning, policy choice, and empirical Bayes methods)
- Statistics as a social process (publication bias etc.), the use of economic theory in econometrics
- Identification and causality
- Economic inequality and (optimal) taxation.
This website includes:
- Manuscripts and presentation slides for my papers.
- Syllabi, slides, and readers for my classes, an open online textbook on economic inequality, a collection of computational ressources for economists.
- Links to my op-eds.
- Source-code and interactive apps implementing methods proposed in my research (for optimal experimental design, estimating publication bias, optimal policy choice using machine learning, etc.)