My research interests include:
- Machine learning theory; the social impact of algorithmic decision making
- Publication bias, pre-analysis plans, and statistics as a social process
- Adaptive experimental design
- Statistical decision theory
- Empirical Bayes methods
- Identification and causality
- Economic inequality and (optimal) taxation.
In the week of May 22-27, 2023, I will organize a workshop on Social foundations for statistics and machine learning.
I also coordinate the Machine Learning and Economics Group at Oxford.